Published by Brown and Company
by Carrie Firestone
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Release Date: June 6th 2017
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary
Five teens embark on a summer of vigilante good samaritanism in a novel that’s part The Breakfast Club, part The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, and utterly captivating.
Rising high school senior Sadie is bracing herself for a long, lonely, and boring summer. But things take an unexpected turn when she steps in to help rescue a baby in distress and a video of her good deed goes viral.
Suddenly internet-famous, Sadie’s summer changes for the better when she’s introduced to other “hometown heroes.” These five very different teens form an unlikely alliance to secretly right local wrongs, but when they try to help a heroin-using friend, they get in over their heads and discover that there might be truth in the saying “no good deed goes unpunished.” Can Sadie and her new friends make it through the summer with their friendships–and anonymity–intact?
This rich and thought-provoking novel takes on timely issues and timeless experiences with a winning combination of romance, humor, and wisdom.
TOP 3 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD READ THE UNLIKELIES!
1. To learn where the name comes from! It is actually a cool backstory!
2. To learn about good things that come out of bad situations. Sadie figured working at the farm stand would be boring. Even though something bad happened it led to other events which were really good friends and a way more interesting summer then she ever expected!
3. Finding Treasure! A regular visitor to the farm stand gives her a gift and a request. Can she figure out the puzzle and fulfill the sweet old mans wishes?
This book was amazing and I am giving it my rare full five stars! You need to read it! I wish I could better explain certain parts, but I seriously don’t want to give anything away! Plus it’s one of those books that to get the full idea of its awesomeness you just have to read it! Thank you to the tour owners as well as the publisher for the chance to read this amazing book!
Carrie Firestone has lived in rural, urban, and suburban places, and, while she currently lives in the suburbs, she is decidedly a CITY person. She loves parties, and all kinds of music, and books about random people doing random things in random places. She loves to travel with her husband, and two daughters, Lauren and Emily. When she isn’t writing, you might find her reluctantly sharing her popcorn at the movies, trying to get people (or dogs) to do a conga line, or adding items to her loose ends list.
- 3 Finished Copies of The Unlikelies by Carrie Firestone
- US only
- No P.O. boxes
- Follow the tour for more chances to win
- Runs through June 6
- Please read Rules & Regs in Rafflecopter